While not sleeping, I decided that I want to start my spring stratification with a slide show. Since the ideas for possible slides were coming fast and furious, I decided to record them here in hopes that my brain will then let me go to sleep.
First, music to accompany slide show -- find the song from the Katrina relief CD about "Those People." I have it but can't think of the name or artist at the moment. Need more songs.
Second, some ideas for slides; these are just a few ideas. In the end I want about 10-15 minute presentation:
- Line graph of life expectancy by year and race
- headline about elderly woman who committed suicide in her foreclosed home (from the last week or so)
- Rules for SCA belts and circlets/crowns
- map of US poverty/unemployment rates
- photos of homes
- UN global poverty figures
- parking regulations
- something on modern slavery
- incarceration rates by race
- data from recent comparison of male and female CEO salaries (see email I sent to ChR for link)
- clip from understanding race website
I will need to scale up my powerpoint skills for some of what I have in mind but never hurts to learn more skills.